Well, Missy gave us a little kick up the bum last night, saying Mum and Dad, get yourselves ORGANISED!!!
I had a really severe migraine, took some codiene, vomited (sorry!) then started getting painful braxton hicks contractions!
After getting the Braxtons for 2 hours, and consulting my pregnancy guru (Jennie) we decided enough was enough and at 33 and a 1/2 weeks we'd better check. So I rang maternity and by coincidence spoke to my acupuncture midwife who was on duty, and got told to go in for a check up!
We chucked some bits in a bag, not really concentrating properly (me), so I didn't ask Al to put in the obvious tooth brush etc!
Thankfully, after a raft of tests we were reassured to hear Missy wasn't on her way! Although we were both quite excited to think she might be on her way, not fully comprehending the possible implications.
We saw the same doctor as at the clinic, but were happier with her this time, she was extremely good and sympathetic to my condition. I was given more pain relief and started to feel sick again, so was offered something to stop me being sick, I thought it'd be another pill, and was quite chilled about an injection, until I saw the needle that was heading for my bum! Al said it had to be 'plunged in like a samuri sword' (good description!) and I tell you I think it could have been! I was so tired by then, and I had had the codiene, I burst into fits of tears!
Al was my hero and stroked my hair and calmed me down, I was so proud of him, he did just what I needed, he was there to soothe and prompt me but didn't get in anyones way, he was perfect Daddy material!
The conclusion was that I wasn't in labour, possibly had a urine infection, and needed some pain relief, and to stay overnight incase the pain got worse, and my uterus was irritable. I was sent up to the ward to sleep, and was extremely lucky as the ward was quiet, and I had a room all to myself.
The doctor came to see me this morning, and was happy to discharge me after getting the physio to check my pelvis (nothing to be done), monitoring me and Missy on the machine for about an hour and giving me antibiotics to take home. I was dressed quicker than you could blink, not realising how slowly hospitals move! I eventually got home at about 1.30pm.
What a birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey lizzy, just been reading through this, what a lovely blog. You really do have a big baby bump to be proud of now. You've done so well with such a hard going pregnancy, not long to go. Bet you and Al cant wait to meet your little missy now.
Lots of love Claire xxxx
Ps those support belts are so helpful arent they, plus they are very sexy too...lol
Hey lizzy, just read through your blog, what lovely thing to do. You really do have a big baby bump to be proud of now.You're doing so well with such a hard going pregnancy, not long to go now, bet you and Al cant wait to meet your little missy.
Lots of love, Claire xxxx
ps: Those pregnacy belts help alot dont they and look sooo damm sexy too....lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think I may have left you loads of comments but I didnt think it was working right...lol, silly me xxxx
Post a Comment