Well, I went to see the consultant at the hospital on Wednesday, expecting to discuss birth options, and came back with painkillers!
They want to see if they can settle my pain abit more before making any decisions, so I have instructions to take paracetamol every 6 hours and codeine if the pain doesn’t settle. I wasn’t keen to take anymore painkillers because I know codeine in migraleve makes me extremely sleepy, but I was a good patient and took the doctors advice.
Anyway, I was so uncomfortable in bed again on Wednesday night I took a dose of codeine, and it did ease the pain for a few hours and I got off to sleep for a bit. Thursday morning I felt dreadful, headache (I’ve had very few since being pregnant), feeling extremely low, totally unmotivated, not wanting to do anything AT ALL.
I had a GP appointment anyway, so discussed it with him, and I’ve been given weaker codeine and if that doesn’t agree with me he said it was fine not to take it. Flippin’ drugs!
I go back in 2 weeks, so we’ll be more prepared then and try and get a few more explanations!
In the meantime, I don’t have gestational diabetes after my glucose tolerance test! Bring on the cakes! But my application for a blue parking badge has been turned down because, I presume, my condition isn’t permanent. I’m not surprised, and we manage but it would have been a help.
I had another session of acupuncture yesterday, which was sooooo nice and relaxing again, and unlike the drugs does help with the pain and doesn’t affect my brain! Next one on Tuesday, thank goodness its on the NHS, I am really lucky!
Missy is still wriggling around, and poking me in strange places! I am going to sort out her washable cloth nappies this week coming. I have found a local business who will come out and give you a demonstration at home, so I’ll be able to feel them and look at the fastenings etc before deciding.
Al is working today cleaning Camis school windows in Bideford with Dan and Ian. He left at about 5.30 am, so I am having a quiet day on my own, but I’m not bored yet! He took Zena with him, so they’ll probably have a walk on the moor on the way back, and she won’t be bored at home all day with me.
To sign off, we took a new Bump picture yesterday, so this is me at 32+1!

The white thing is the support belt, incase you wondered! My Belly is definately winning the race with my boobs now!

No comments:
Post a Comment