
Excuse the sexy matching undies!
We think Lil Missy has had quite a growth spurt over the last week.
Just to get everyone up to date, I saw the doctor at the hospital on wednesday, and he doesn't want to induce me early, and I don't want to be induced, so we have a plan, that the acupuncture midwives will use acupuncture techniques to help prepare me for labour, and when I see them next at 39 weeks they will do a stretch and sweep if appropriate. He wants me to go into labour as close to my due date as possible. I'm really happy to do this, as I feel I am coping reasonably with my SPD pain, and I want the best possible recovery for both me and Missy.
I met another doctor at the clinic who had SPD herself in her 1st pregnancy, and was suffering again at 14 weeks. She really reasured me, by telling me about her experience, that I could recover as quickly as I had been led to believe. She had been unable to put her feet to the ground, but 2 days after birth was walking around! It was nice to hear it 1st hand.
I had alot of trouble with my shoulder last week which I had managed to pull pushing the wheelchair on sunday. It got really bad, I think probably alot of muscle tension, and I was having to take codiene again, although it didn't get rid of it totally. I had stopped knitting early in the week, so no smart remarks about too much knitting! Anyway had an acupuncture session on Friday with magic Khim, and she treated my shoulder too, I didn't think it had done much until the next day when I was so much more comfortable! Its alot better now, and I'm back to just paracetamol, thank goodness! (still not knitting just in case!)
This week we have the lady coming from Green mums to show us the reusable nappies, so will have them sorted soon, and we have just got a few parcels on the way, then we'll have all our baby essentials. We are slowly working through washing everything up, so its all nice and fresh, and packing the hospital bags.
Al is also planning to decorate the stairs and landing, which means pulling down the ceiling - yuck! better to get it done before baby arrives though as its a messy job!
Anyway I have to go as Al is taking me for an outing to tesco! Lucky me!!!

1 comment:
Mum in disguise this time!!(Dad)
Baldies are best. Mum says so, so it must be True. Lil Missy will be a baldy for a few weeks then develop a dark wooly top.
Post a Comment